ITEMS PASSED EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY
EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING
Amend Section 4 – Sport Seasons by amending Rule 4.4.1, Page 49 of the 2015-2016 LHSAA By-Laws, to be worded as follows:
- 4.4.1 Summer activities for all sports shall begin the 46th week, which is the first Sunday following the last LHSAA State Championship. This rule applies regardless of when your school year ends. Other than restrictions prohibiting football players from working out in pads during the defined summer time span there are no restrictions on workouts in LHSAA sports during the summer months. Summer activities in all LHSAA sports at the school’s facilities, use of school equipment and sport specific apparatus are subject to the approval of the school principal.
Amend Section 5 – Penalty Codes by amending Rules 5.8 Probation (5.8.1-5.8.4), Page 52 of the 2015-2016 LHSAA By-Laws, to be worded as follows:
- 5.8 PROBATION: Types of probation that may be imposed on a school and/or school personnel (ie: Principal, Athletic Director, coach) that are in violation of an Association rule(s) are:
- 5.8.1 Administrative probation – the school and/or school personnel is served notice that it is in a period of warning and additional violations during a period of one calendar year may result in the school’s being placed on disciplinary, restrictive, or suspension probation.
- 5.8.2 Disciplinary probation – the school and/or school personnel shall be fined and disciplined in some other manner short of being denied the right to participate in home games in a certain sport or being denied the right to compete for championship honors in a sport(s) not to exceed one calendar year.
- 5.8.3 Restrictive probation – the school and/or school personnel shall be fined and restricted in some manner during one calendar year, including being ruled ineligible to compete for championship honors in a sport(s).
- 5.8.4 Suspension probation – the school and/or school personnel shall be fined and suspended from participating in one sport or all sports or suspended from the Association for one calendar year.